Just recently, I came across a YouTube TV website and as I was checking it out, I came across a list of compatible devices: Google TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android TV, Sonos, Roku, and of course, the Amazon Fire TV Stick. This led me to wonder how many more compatible devices will be added in the future. Will there be an Amazon Fire TV Stick 2? Will it be called the Fire TV Stick 2? Will it have a second-generation Fire TV Stick? Will it have a Fire TV Stick Plus? Will it come with a remote? Will its remote look like an Apple Remote, or a Remotes-like remote? Will it have a touchpad? Will it have a keyboard? Will it
Installing YouTube TV on FireStick in 2 Minutes (2022)
Google announced YouTube TV , the first service that lets you stream live TV for $35 per month. It’s a great option for cord cutters, but there are a few things you should know before you start watching.
In this article, you will learn how to install the official YouTube and YouTube TV application on the FireStick. The installation method works on all Fire TV product lines, including FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube and FireStick Lite.
The YouTube FireStick app had to be removed from the Amazon Store in early 2018 due to a dispute between Google and Amazon. However, the two digital giants have finally agreed, and YouTube is now officially available in the Amazon store. There’s no denying that YouTube is a great media portal, and I’m glad it’s now available on the FireStick.
What makes me even happier is that the YouTube TV FireStick app is also officially available on the Amazon App Store. You can install and use the YouTube TV application on your FireStick anywhere in the US.
Although you can jailbreak your FireStick to access unlimited free content with Kodi add-ons, YouTube is still one of the best must-have apps for the Fire Stick. So let’s see how we can get them back.
To install the official YouTube on Amazon FireStick
IMPORTANT! !! If you have an unofficial third-party version of YouTube installed on your FireStick, please REMOVE that first before installing this official version.
Professional advice: Buy a VPN for the Fire Stick to bypass surveillance, ISP blocking and geo-blocking of content on Netflix / YouTube.
As I mentioned, the YouTube app is now officially installed on the FireStick, and you can quickly install it from the Amazon Store. Here are the steps:
1. Turn on the FireStick and wait for the main window to load.
In the main window, select Search > Search from the central menu bar.
Or, if you have the old FireStick interface in the main window, go to the top left corner and select the search option (lens icon).
2. Now enter the name of the YouTube application
When the application appears in the search results, click on it.
3. Select the YouTube application from the list of applications displayed in the following window
4. Click Get if you are installing the application for the first time.
If you have already installed the application, click Download.
5. Wait for the application to download and install on your device. This may take about a minute.
6. Press the Open button to start YouTube. You can run it through your applications and channels later.
Preparing the YouTube Fire Stick Application
Now that you have installed the application, you will want to start using it immediately. There are a few things we need to do to get the app ready to watch YouTube videos on the FireStick. It won’t take long.
Move the YouTube application icon to the FireStick home screen
Return to the FireStick home screen. YouTube may not be displayed under Apps and Channels (second row). It’s good! You can always access it from the list of applications.
You can also move the YouTube icon to the home screen. It’s totally unnecessary. But having an app you use often on your home screen does make it a little easier.
The steps for moving the symbol are described below:
1. Press and hold the Home button on the remote and select Apps from the menu.
2. You should now see a list of all installed applications.
3. Recently installed applications are usually at the bottom of the list. Then scroll down and select the YouTube application.
4. Press Options on the remote and select Move in the pop-up window that appears on the bottom right of the screen.
5. You can now move the YouTube application icon to any location. Drag it to anywhere in the top row so that it appears on the FireStick home screen.
Press Select to lower the symbol to the desired position
Go back to the FireStick’s home screen, and you’ll see the YouTube app there.
Getting started with YouTube!
When the application is started for the first time, the following login window appears. Although registration is optional, I recommend you do it. This unlocks all restricted content and allows you to view all subscriptions, playlists, and histories associated with the Google ID you use for YouTube.
You can also click to use YouTube by subscribing to the song. You can still view a lot of content. If you want to log in later, you can go to Accounts in the menu on the left and follow the instructions on the screen to log in.
Here’s what you need to do if you decide to enroll:
1. Go to the left menu on the YouTube home screen and click Login. Now click on login on the right hand side
2. On your computer or phone, go to youtube.com/activate.
3. Enter the login code. Sign in with your Google ID if you are not already signed in.
Installing YouTube TV on a FireStick
YouTube TV is YouTube’s live streaming segment. It offers access to a number of satellite channels, including ESPN, Fox, CBS and many others. The official appearance of YouTube TV on the FireStick is long overdue. Finally, the wait is over and YouTube TV is now the official app on the Amazon Store.
I will explain how to install the official YouTube TV application from the Amazon store on the FireStick (method 1 below). At the same time, I also gave alternative methods to meet this demand (method 2 and method 3).
If you can install the YouTube TV FireStick app from the Amazon Store, you don’t need to use any other method.
- Method 1 (primary) : Install the official YouTube TV FireStick app from the Amazon Store.
- Method 2: Install the third-party Live YouTube TV application on the FireStick.
- Method 3: Access YouTube TV via the FireStick browser
Method 1 (Primary): YouTube TV officially installed on FireStick from the Amazon Store
YouTube TV is now officially available on the FireStick, and you can download it from the Amazon Store if you live in the US. Live TV streaming through the YouTube TV app is not supported outside the United States.
If you want to access YouTube TV outside of the United States, go to the next section (Method 2).
Here are the steps to download YouTube TV on Fire TV from the Amazon Store:
1. From the FireStick/Fire TV home screen, open Search > Search
If you are still using the old FireStick interface, go to the top left corner and select the lens icon.
2. Search for YouTube TV by typing in the name of the application. Tap YouTube TV when it appears in the search results.
3. Select the YouTube TV icon in the following window
4. Now click Get when you download YouTube TV to your FireStick for the first time.
If you have already downloaded and installed the application, click the Download option (which appears instead of Obtain).
5. Wait for the YouTube TV application to load
6. Click on Open and start the application
You can also access the YouTube TV FireStick application later from your applications and channels.
7. Sign in with a YouTube TV account if you have one.
Click on Free Trial if you wish to subscribe to the services.
Method 2: Installing a third-party Live YouTube TV application on the FireStick
Message: It’s a third-party application. In tests, it worked just as well as the original YouTube TV app. However, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work. If you experience any problems, please let us know in the comment box below.
Message: You can skip this section if you have already installed YouTube TV on the Amazon FireStick using the first method.
If you want to download the YouTube TV FireStick app outside the US, you can get this third-party APK. If you already have a subscription to YouTube TV, you can use the app outside the US with a VPN. To subscribe to YouTube TV, you’ll still need a US-issued credit/debit card or a Paypal account with a US profile.
The first thing you need is the Downloader application. With the Downloader application, you can easily download YouTube TV to your FireStick. For more details, see our guide on installing third-party applications on the FireStick using the Downloader.
On the FireStick home screen, select Search > Search (or the lens icon in the upper left corner on the old FireStick interface). Enter the downloader and install it on your device:
After installing the Downloader application, follow these steps to install and use YouTube TV on your FireStick:
1. Accessing the FireStick settings from the home screen
2. Now select and open the My Fire TV option on the following screen
3. When you see this window, click Developer Options.
4. Click on Install unknown applications
Click on the old FireStick interface and enable applications from unknown sources.
5. The charger should say ON
6. Open the download application you just installed
If tooltips are displayed, remove them.
7. Click on the URL field
8. When this keyboard window appears, enter the following URL: https://www.firesticktricks.com/ytv.
OR, in fact, you can also use a shorter version of the firesticktricks.com/ytv URL.
Message: The APK file is not hosted or distributed by FireStickTricks.com. The above URL leads to mediafire.com where the file is located.
9. Press GO
10. Wait for YouTube TV APK to download
11. Click Install when this prompt appears after downloading the YouTube TV APK.
12. Once the YouTube TV application is installed, you can press the OPEN button and get started.
I suggest you click the DO IT NOW button and uninstall the YouTube TV APK file. We will open the application later
13. Once you have clicked the DONE button at the top, click Delete in this window.
14. Click on the Delete option again
15. Exit the Downloader application and return to the FireStick home screen.
Press and hold the Home button on the remote control for about 5 seconds. Click on Apps when the following window appears.
16. Go to the last line of this list of applications
Tap the YouTube TV application (Live will be displayed in the logo)
17. If you prefer to move the app to the FireStick home screen for quick and easy access, press the menu button on the Amazon Fire TV remote (the three-row button). In the TV pop-up window (bottom right), click Move. Move and place the application in the first row from the top.
18. Select the desired resolution in the following screen
I use standard 1080p
19. Click Authorize when prompted
20. Click on Connection
Click on FREE TRIAL if you don’t have an account yet and want to give YouTube TV a try.
21. In the next window you will see the activation code.
Follow the instructions on the TV screen to go to tv.youtube.com/start on your computer or mobile device.
Sign in to your Google account where you have a YouTube TV subscription.
Enter the code on the FireStick screen in your browser.
Method 3: Access YouTube TV through the FireSick browser
You can also use Silk Browser to access YouTube TV on the FireStick. This browser is pre-installed on the FireStick. If you have uninstalled it, here is how to load your browser and activate YouTube TV:
1. 1. On the FireStick main screen, select Search (lens icon) in the upper left
2. Select Search from the upper left corner. Type Silk Browser (without quotation marks)
3. Click Silk Browser
4 in the search results. Click the Silk Browser icon in the next window
5. Click the Download button to download and install the
application 6. Open Silk Browser and go to https://tv.youtube.com/.
So here’s how to get the official YouTube on Fire TV and FireStick devices. This app links directly to your YouTube account and brings you all the YouTube videos you want to watch, including all your subscriptions, playlists and even your viewing history. With the official app, you no longer need to install other third-party YouTube apps. Plus, you can now install YouTube TV from the Amazon Store on the FireStick.
We do not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, applications or services mentioned on this website. Furthermore, we do not promote, publish or link to copyrighted feeds. We strongly condemn piracy and urge our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our website refers only to non-copyrighted public domain content. Read our full disclaimer.
We are a reader-supported blog. If you purchase an item through the links on our website, we may receive a commission. Read more
We need your support
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you get YouTube TV on old Firestick?
We do not currently have YouTube TV on older Firestick devices.
How do I get YouTube TV on my Firestick?
You can get YouTube TV on your Firestick by following these steps: Open the YouTube app on your Firestick Select the Settings icon Select “Live TV” Select “YouTube TV” Enter your YouTube TV credentials Select “Start Watching”
Why is YouTube TV not working on my Firestick?
YouTube TV is not currently supported on Firestick devices.